2009年10月28日 星期三

Beatles to Bowie


Did you recognize the young David Bowie there? I so did not when I first saw the original photograph in London's National Portrait Gallery. The exhibition titled 'Beatles to Bowie: the 60s exposed' was indeed full of memories from the past that people in my generation might never truelly understanding. With the original photos starting from the year of 1960 to 1970, you can simply see the dramatic change in music, lifestyle and fashion in the swinging era.With every era there was an icon; and with the 60s, almost everyone in the music business can be an icon. Marianne Faithfull, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Cliff Richard...The Rolling Stone, The Who ,The Beatles--just name a few of the icons featured in the exhibition. Though I can see that I was the youngest people in the exhibition hall, but with those familiar-yet-totally-unfamiliar photographs staring right back at you, you would imagine yourself being an 60s child.

沒有留言: